April 15th 2004 Challenge - Red Rock Challenge - Winners
Third Place Winners
April 15th 2004 Challenge - Red Rock Challenge - Outline
How would you like to craft the image that will be used for the 2004 version of Strata's Red Rock Revival User Conference? Better yet, how would you like to win a Red Rock Learning Vacation - a $2,400 value that comes complete with two conference passes, hotel accommodations and travel cash? Not enough? Included in the Grand Prize Package are a Creativepro.com fleece vest and tumbler, a copy of Scott Kelby's best selling book "Photoshop CS Down & Dirty", PhotoshopCafe's amazing "Guru Package" and a one year subscription to Mac Design Magazine.
Use "Rocky", the mascot of the Red Rock Revival Strata User Conference, to create the base image for the conference binder, web site, videos and follow-up CDs. The entry must portray Rocky in a positive light (he's very concerned about his "image") and reflect the essence and wonder of the creative environment of Zion National Park. Rocky may be extruded, used as the basis for a texture map, etc. Rocky may stand as the central element of your illustration or he might recede into the background (where's Waldo style). But above all, make a great image.
Reference images and information can be found here:
Note: Some prizes awarded to non-US winners may be subject to shipping charges. Mac Design Magazine subscription prizes are restricted to US residents only.
Overall impact: 50% of score / Concept: 25% of score / Graphics Skill: 25% of score
Rules and Conditions
- 3D renderings for this project must be created with either Strata 3Dplus, 3Dpro, or the trial version available here.
- Image must contain the Red Rock logo, "Rocky", in some form or fashion.
- Entries will consist of a JPG file approximately 5 X 7 inches at 72 DPI (360 pixels wide x 504 pixels high).
- Entries must include a screenshot of your model in Strata 3D.
- Submit Entries using the submission form on the upper left hand corner of this page.
- All entries and designs must be your original.
- The image cannot contain your name or email address anywhere on it, as the judging will be anonymous.
- You may use any tools or platform you choose, but you must use Strata 3D for at least 30% of the design.
- Winners must provide a layered Photoshop file at 5 X 7 inches at 300 DPI for print resolution.
- All entries will be accepted until midnight on Thursday April 15th 2004.
- Entries are limited to one per designer, all other submissions will be disqualified.
- Anyone may enter (except judges).
- In order to qualify for the Grand prize you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Judges decision will be final and no exceptions.
- If you have any questions regarding challenge rules or theme guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org