New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peter360
Infrequent Poster

5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  14:27:16  Show Profile
HellO!
I just bought a 24 inches table lazy susan for trying the Strata Photo 3D software. I would like to photograph some small objects first, to get an idea on how the program works. However, I was wondering about some things: 1) Do we have to use a pedestal for the things we photograph or not(is a pedestal a must)? 2) If we have to use a pedestal,I think that it does not have very good support and cannot hold bigger things? 3) what kind of matt, and pedestal would I use if I want to take photos of bigger things such as , chairs, monitors, laptops, people, etc.?

jpro
A Fountain of Information

USA
4939 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  14:43:13  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
you just need to look around and find something you can use: thoughts for a larger pedestal: a 5 gallon bucket, or a heavy wastebasket, or a wash tub....

Jean
Go to Top of Page

peter360
Infrequent Poster

5 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  15:33:56  Show Profile
But, does the pedestal has to be in the middle of the mat(covering the white circle), or the pedestal may cover some of the dots on the matt?
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4939 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  17:02:52  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
I think in general if you need a bigger pedestal, you also need a bigger mat. I don't think it hurt if one or two dots are covered, but I would try to keep it to a minimum.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  17:09:19  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
The dots comprise a binary code identifying the rotation of the mat and the object setting upon it. I would not recommend covering any dots.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support
Go to Top of Page

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  22:42:40  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
Craft stores usually sell assorted sizes of foam cylinders, cones and other objects. Having a variety handy would help with different sized objects.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000