Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reclaimer
Infrequent Poster

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  11:09:23  Show Profile
Hi can somebody tell me where i can find the displacement mapping facility on the plugin?
also my tridents do not show even with turned on in prefs?
what else is missing in this version?

any help appreciated

Javascript:insertsmilie('')

Thanks

Mark

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  11:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Hi Mark,

I'm guessing you are a Mac user? There is a known problem with the World Tridents not being displayed on the Mac version when the view is in one of the perspective modes - Normal or Wide Angle. They only show on the Mac in Orthographic view.

The Design 3D[in] program is a subset of the full Strata 3D CX program and does not include all the features of the CX program. Displacement maps are one of the features of CX which is not included.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support
Go to Top of Page

reclaimer
Infrequent Poster

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  11:22:42  Show Profile
aw cack bags don't do this to me!

this means more dosh!, is there a cheaper upgrade? it also says something in the manual about special solid texture, what is this?

Thanks

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
The Solid Textures are the texture types listed in the pop-up list displayed when you click on the down pointing arrow button next to the New button in the Resource Palette - Solid Color, Solid Marble. Solid Stone and Solid Wood. They are programatically generated textures also called procedural textures as the program generates them rather than using an image map to create the texture.

You asked about a cheaper upgrade, upgrade to what? Do you have Strata 3D CX? That would be the only thing comprable you could upgrade to. If you do not already own CX 5 the cost of the plug-ins can be deducted from the price of the CX program.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support
Go to Top of Page

reclaimer
Infrequent Poster

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:24:16  Show Profile
Thanks
is there a list i can compare the options to the cx version,i own carrara 6 pro, so i may do my models in that then import as obj files if it is possible. i really like the way strata works with photoshop as this is my main app, i want to avoid paying more if poss but ill see as it is fantastic vale for money anyway!

Thanks

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:27:37  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
We don't have a side-by-side list comparing the features of CX vs Design but there is a list of CX features in the product tour. You can compare that against what you have in your copy of Design.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support
Go to Top of Page

reclaimer
Infrequent Poster

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  14:08:37  Show Profile
Hi Brian, im looking at the options there is a competitive upgrade of $495 with me owning cararra 6 pro does this count, also will the price be further reduced as i have also purchased the plugin? can you direct me?

Thanks

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  14:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Your Carrara program does qualify you for the Competitive Upgrade price Mark. Whether the cost of the plug-ins will figure into that I don't know. You should talk with Rebecca Taylor, our Sales Manager. You can call her at 1-800-678-7282 or her e-mail address is sales@strata.com.

Brian Lawson
Strata technical support
Go to Top of Page

Helle
A Regular

Denmark
124 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  04:25:52  Show Profile
ehhh, that upgrade price thingy - does it also apply when you own Strata and want to buy Carrara??

Just a thought...

Helle:-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000