Where are my shadows ?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mao
A Regular

108 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  09:44:39  Show Profile
I just installed the 5.5CX and I'm experimenting a bit with the 3D in plugin.

Everything goes fine but three things are driving me nuts:

First of all I open an image in PS and send it to strata to model something over it (like the woodbowl video training). From strata I send the model back and I rotate, scale the model in PS as usual... now it's render time... send to strata for render... and:

1) No way to see shadows... I see the main object render, the mirrored image for the reflected layer but NO shadow at all. The main light Casts shadow. (If I deselect the render to layer the perspective plane is rendered in black !)

2) The mirrored (reflected) image is shorter (ugly truncated) than the bottom end of the image ! Why ?

3) The mirrored (reflected) image is rendered with too much transparency. That's nosense because strata doesn't know where I putted my object... It could be over a mirror ! It would be better if the reflected image was full visible and then switched to 20, 30% or whatelse in PS in the Reflected layer in order to control how much reflection I need for the object.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Mao
A Regular

108 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  11:17:34  Show Profile
After several try:

2) Switching off the "Exclude background" renders a total black background... so obviously I need "Exclude background" ON

3) Switching off the "Render alpha " renders a total black background... BUT the reflection is full opacque. That's quite strange

It seems I can't find a way to render alpha with shadows and full opaque reflections like all the tutorials I saw.

Please someone can suggest me how to set the render engine (raytracing or radiosity) to get the model rendered in alpha with shadows and opaque reflection?

After watching the tutorial videos... I see that in the tutorial that the hard shadow is always present and the reflected image is clearly no transparent... and is adjusted in PS ... like I have suggested. So seems it's a my problem not seeing the shadow and seeing the reflected image as transparent (the reflect images becomes transparent in the last render passage).

Edited by - Mao on 01/21/2008 11:49:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000