Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jreber
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  02:10:24  Show Profile
Greetings,

I purchased 3D[in] largley based on the ad thay you placed on page 7 of the March/April edition of Layer magazine. I looked for the tutorial on how this ad was created at 3Dlayer.com and I did not find it. Anyway, I have made a bottle with a transparent glass texture in 3DS Max 9 and imported it into photoshop cs3 extended. I positioned the bottle the way I want in the psd doc and then sent it to render[in]. The glass texture that looks great in 3ds max seems to be recognized in render[in] but after I render the glass nad return to pnotoshop the bottle has no transparency. The shadows look good but I want to see a bit of the background through the bottle...just like your ad in layer magazine.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

jeff

Michael
Admin

Canada
2688 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  02:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Michael's Homepage  Send Michael an AOL message
Can you send this file to me at michaell@strata.com or support@strata.com ?

Transparency is definitely supported in Render in, but I'd have to see the file to begin to tell you what happened.

Michael Luscombe
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  02:42:22  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Michael beat me to it. Send the PSD file to the support address please and I'll take a look at it.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jreber
Infrequent Poster

2 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  14:19:45  Show Profile

I sent the PSD files in two seperate emails a few hours ago.

I'll await your analysis.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  14:21:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I'm looking at it right now Jeffrey.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000