connecting bezier paths
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan Engel
Infrequent Poster

1 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  22:20:16  Show Profile
Can someone please lend a little advice on how to do this? What I am trying to achieve is the same function as Illustrator's "join" selected end nodes.
I am working with a bezier arc and need to join multiple copies together to form an "endless" path for an eventual path etrude function.
Thanks for any help.

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  09:16:20  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Strata does not have any tool like Illustrator's Join. You might want to draw your path in Illustrator then bring the.ai file into Strata for the extrusion.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Infrequent Poster

1 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  12:06:23  Show Profile
Yes you can...
Searching in a forum is a nice option

http://www.stratacafe.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=6807&SearchTerms=bezier

or

http://www.stratacafe.com/image.asp?galcat=0&imageID=25314

Mick
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  13:10:52  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I keep forgetting about that option, sorry. It doesn't actually join the Bezier paths though, just allows an animation along a path to be continued along another path which will do for what Dan wants in this case.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:03:39  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
It doesn't actually join the Bezier paths though

actually, it does indeed join the two original paths in the new path that is created by the "drop a curve" command. Watch again, and pay close attention to the last step.

Jean

Edited by - jpro on 05/26/2008 15:05:50
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:39:39  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Leave the Remove Curve option turned off and you'll see that the two original Bezier Curve objects are still there, unjoined. Yes, the animation path does become one path but my original statement stands, Strata does not have a way to join two Bezier Paths, nothing like Illustrator's Join Tool.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
I will retract that, once you've joined them into an animation path you can use the Drop a Curve command to create a new Bezier Curve from the now joined animation path.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

jpro

USA
4991 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  17:07:02  Show Profile  Visit jpro's Homepage
right... the original paths are not joined, but the new animation path *is* a *single combined path.* You have to use the "drop a cure" command to get a workable copy of the animation path.

It's a work-around, but it is there.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Dan Engel
Infrequent Poster

1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  03:06:01  Show Profile
Thanks for help all. I'm not sure how I missed that thread on my search. I did search—honest.
I'm having problems with the video in that thread, but I think that is an H264 codec used as I get the 'green screen.' I don't think that codec likes multiple processors or monitors; one of the two as I have had that happen on multiple machines. All with that in common.
Is there anyway to actually download the video? I can view it on another machine at work, but of course I won't have it while I'm working in Strata.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  03:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
It isn't a problem with dual monitors or multiple processors, it works on my dual monitor, dual processor G5. Which version of QuickTime are you running? Does it have the H.264 codec?

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000