New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  10:45:21  Show Profile
How do you animate an object changing color/texture?

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  10:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
A Texture's properties can be animated by clicking the Current Time radio button in the Edit At area at the top of the texture's dialog. The Edit At controls are discussed briefly in the User Guide on page 131.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:17:22  Show Profile
This works fine Brian, thank you. But I've got 50 identical objects in the scene and they don't change color simultaneously. Do I need to create 50 textures and animate them separately?
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Do each of the 50 objects share a common Texture or do they each have their own Textures? Since you are animating the Texture itself the animation will show on any object that Texture has been applied to. If you have multiple objects with individual Textures, each Texture will have to be animated individually.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  11:26:16  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Rereading your question it appears that you have replicated 50 copies of a single object so they are all sharing the same Texture? In that case the texture animation should be happening simultaneously. Send me a copy of your model and I'll take a look at it.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  12:25:32  Show Profile
Brian,

I sent an E-mail with the file at your AOL address.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  12:30:39  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Send it to my strata support address please. The AOL address is only for having an iChat account.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Dynamite
A Regular

Canada
302 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  12:37:14  Show Profile
Done!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked