Open OLD Strata 1.5 models?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gripacurve
Infrequent Poster

8 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  03:15:15  Show Profile
Anyone know how I can open or import my very old Strata models into 5.5?
I have LOTS of old models and I would like to reuse some of them. I have been using Strata since Strata Vision 2.0 (Yeah, it was a few years ago.) Thanks for your help!

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  10:44:39  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
The ability to open your old models directly in CX 5.5 is going to depend upon which modeling features were used in their creation and which kind of computer you are now running. The code which allows old files to be read has not been ported to be Intel Mac native so if you are running one of them you must run the program under Rosetta to access that importer.

Some features from the older version of the program were dropped and are no longer in the new program so if the model contains any of those features it can't be read.

If you can still run all your older versions of the program between Vision and CX 5.5 the best bet is to move the files up one major version to the next. Open the Vision file in StudioPro and resave it then open it in Strata 3D and save it and finally you should be able to open that in CX.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000