Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DavidMac
Infrequent Poster

Belgium
12 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  07:17:52  Show Profile
This is not strictly a Strata question but since it impinges severely using the plugins I am hoping someone may know something about it.

I have just upgraded to Mac Pro 2 x Quad Intel and OS X Leopard. Under this new combination PS CS3 X consistently and unfailingly crashes when trying to Render 3D Layers to Photoshop from Vanishing Point. This means that one of the pivotal functions of the Strata Plugins, the Match function, is no longer available.

I am of course taking up the issue with Adobe, but I wondered, since it has such a devastating effect on the use of the Strata Plugins, if this was a known issue and whether there are any work arounds?

Brian Lawson
A Fountain of Information

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  08:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
This is not a known issue. Which program is crashing, Strata 3D CX or Photoshop CS3? Is there any error message?

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

DavidMac
Infrequent Poster

Belgium
12 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  12:41:50  Show Profile
Brian

Thanks for replying Brian. This absolutely not a Strata problem - Strata doesn't even need to be running. It is simply that because it makes Match unusable I felt you might know about it if was a general issue with PS and Leopard.

However things have changed ....

Suddenly, out of the blue, things have started working. Nothing has changed in my system that I am aware of but where CS3 X used to simply crash I now get a message "Your video card does not meet the requirements for hardware accelerated 3D rendering. All 3D will be rendered with software only." It then renders fine. I am baffled as to why it unfailingly crashed before. The card is a GeForce 8800 GT.

Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  12:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
Do you have only one video card in your machine?

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

DavidMac
Infrequent Poster

Belgium
12 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  06:37:21  Show Profile
No two. The 30" primary display is on the GeForce 8800 GT. The secondary 23" display is on an ATI Radeon X1900 XT
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  07:10:26  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
The message about the video card is probably coming from the 2nd video card then. I get the same message on my G5 with two video cards but since my primary monitor is the one connected to the better video card it has no affect on my workflow so I ignore it.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

DavidMac
Infrequent Poster

Belgium
12 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  15:55:15  Show Profile
Thanks Brian

As long as PS has stopped crashing I can live with the message!

The reason for the two video cards is simply to make 512MB available to each monitor rather than both sharing the GeForce. Does that make sense or am I, er, confusing the situation, so to speak?

David Mac
Go to Top of Page

Brian Lawson

USA
5217 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  16:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Brian Lawson's Homepage  Send Brian Lawson an AOL message
No, that makes perfect sense. Exactly why I have a 2nd video card in my system.

Brian Lawson
Strata Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

DavidMac
Infrequent Poster

Belgium
12 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  02:23:59  Show Profile
Thank you Brian. You've been most helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000