Using Type in Bulleted List
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

designthis86
Inquisitive

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  17:44:57  Show Profile  Visit designthis86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have attached screen shot of a bulleted list I wish to appear during my animation. Each bullet should appear one second after the last bullet appears in sequence. They slowly appear using texture fade in.

After creating the first bullet I replicated the other two. How do I apply effects and texturing and the effect not effect all three. They seem to be grouped or related somehow so when I move a keyframe the keyframe on the other two bullets' timelines move as well. How can I work on one bullet's effect without the other being influenced.

Regards,

Mike

Image Insert:

87.96 KB

Wally_B
A Regular

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  09:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need 3 separate textures for your 3 separate bullets, animating each texture independently...Unfortunate, and tedious when you have alot of elements, but 3 isn't so bad.

Changing an attribute on any given texture changes it on every instance of that texture, regardless of what object its on.
Go to Top of Page

designthis86
Inquisitive

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  15:20:43  Show Profile  Visit designthis86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, thanks. A little tedious if you had a lot of bullets. Have to replicate for uniform spacing and size for each bullet.
Go to Top of Page

designthis86
Inquisitive

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  15:58:07  Show Profile  Visit designthis86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to have each bullet fade in. I have attempted several times to animate the texture by using the transparency and the stencil setting. Once I set one keyframe to a setting it seems to affect other keyframes in the timeline. I want the bullets to start out transparent and fade in over 1 second. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

tbgriswold
Regularly Educational

USA
1450 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  16:29:27  Show Profile  Visit tbgriswold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the use of three textures to do the three reveals:
http://www.stratacafe.com/image.asp?galcat=0&imageID=31753

The file is in version 7.5 and is posted here, temporarily:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38386685/InvisibleReveal.s3d.zip

Britt

Image Insert:

2.3 KB

Edited by - tbgriswold on 01/08/2014 16:31:02
Go to Top of Page

designthis86
Inquisitive

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2014 :  11:50:49  Show Profile  Visit designthis86's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Britt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrataCafe Forums © 2009 StrataCafe Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000